Registered: 9 months ago
Matric Symbols and What They Mean
Acquired your matric results and feeling a little confused with all of the lingo? What are matric symbols and what do they imply? Discover out exactly what a Higher Certificates, Diploma and Bachelor’s Degree pass is correct here.
How are Matric Results Calculated?
25% of your matric mark comes from the assessment you've accomplished all through the year. This consists of your assignments, class tests and exams. The other 75% comes from your final matric exam.
Every matric symbol gives you provisional acceptance into a specific study programme. Depending on what you want to study, these marks can tremendously have an effect on your future plans:
Higher Certificate: This matric symbol provides you provisional entrance into any college or certificate course.
Diploma Pass: You will be able to check at a Technikon or examine a diploma course.
Bachelor’s Degree Pass: You will get provisional entry into any University or degree course.
To pass your National Senior Certificates (NSC) you will want at least 40% in three subjects, together with your private home language and 30% in three other subjects. To acquire a particular matric symbol, you will have to get a required percentage. Have a look at these below:
To gain a higher certificates pass, you will need to get the next marks:
Meet the minimum necessities for a NSC (This includes forty% on your residence language).
Receive at the least 30% for the language of learning on the institution you're applying for.
So as to obtain a diploma pass it's essential to get the following marks:
Meet the minimal necessities for a NSC ( This consists of 40% on your residence language).
No less than 40% in four subjects.
Bachelor’s Degree Pass
Need to enrol for a degree programme? You will want:
Meet the minimal requirements for a NSC (This includes 40% in your house language).
At the very least 50% for four subjects.
Obtain no less than 30% for the language of learning at the institution you're applying for.
The place can I get my Matric Results?
The matric 2020 results will be launched on 23 February 2021. You can access them on the next methods:
News Websites: News websites will replace their pages with matric outcomes the day of release.
From Your School: Your school will be able to provide you with your final results.
On-line: Visit education.gov.za and click on the link for 2020 NSC examination results.
Now that you've got the knowledge on Matric Symbols and What They Imply you'll be able to decide what the next step will be.
In case you don’t get the pass you need, you can always improve your marks with supplementary exams, matric upgrade or adult matric.
If you cherished this article and also you would like to obtain more info concerning what do matric marks mean i implore you to visit our own site.
Topics Started: 0
Replies Created: 0
Forum Role: Participant
Technical specification tables can not be displayed on mobile. Please view on desktop